The University Reception can be found at the entrance to the Harold Wilson Building, and provides a meet and greet service to visitors, staff and students. Our Receptionists are Linda Midgley (a.m) and Sue Snowball (p.m). The service is part of the Customer Services Team within Computing and Library Services.
Front of Harold Wilson building (map)
08:30 – 17:15
Mondays to Fridays
What we do
- Meet and Greet. To ensure the University provide a professional and warm welcome, please advise us of your expected visitors. We offer a meet and greet service and we are happy to ring you when your guests arrive.
- Events and Conferences. To enable us to provide the necessary support for your events and assist your delegates, please let us know of any events taking place, along with the location, room and timings.
- Visitor Car Parking. This can be booked via University Reception through hudhelp. Please advise the dates and times, the name of the visitor/company and car registration number. We will acknowledge and confirm your request subject to limited availability.
- General enquiries and assistance whilst your guests are visiting campus, including local area information.
- Taxi Pickup. Taxis can be booked by University Reception and will collect or drop-off visitors at the front of Harold Wilson.
- Lost and Found is located in the Security Hub which is located next to the Reception desk.
Let us know what you think about our service
We are committed to providing you with excellent service, and we invite your feedback to help us to improve the service we provide.
If you would like to take up any matter you think is unsatisfactory about the service you have received from us, please contact our Customer Support Manager, Lee Felvus, or refer to our simple-to-use CLS Complaints Procedure.
We promise that we will deal with your complaint as quickly as possible, in confidence, keep you updated, and look at the pattern of complaints to identify areas where we need to improve.
Not satisfied with our response?
If you are not satisfied with how we have dealt with your feedback, please contact our Head of Customer Services, Lorraine Noel.