Policies and Guidance
The University of Huddersfield is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for Trans Staff, including those who identify as non-binary, agender or gender-fluid.
The following guidance is designed to provide Trans and Non-binary employees with information, guidance and support in relevant aspects of their employment at the University.
Many of our toilets on our campus are gender specific but gender-neutral toilets are available in some University buildings for employees that prefer to use these. Gender-neutral changing rooms are available in the Sports Centre. We appreciate that some trans people, including those who are non-binary prefer to use gender-neutral facilities.
Gender-neutral toilets can be found in the following places:
- Student Central
- The Library (Schwann Building, Level 5)
- Joseph Priestley (Ground Floor, 1st Floor and 2nd Floor)
- Human Resources (Level 6, Schwann Building)
- Charles Sykes Building (1st Floor)
* Plans are in place for gender-neutral toilets in Sovereign House which is currently being built (near the new Barbara Hepworth building – formerly the Bath House for Broadbents).