Mechanical and Electrical Services
Phil Cox, the Mechanical Services Engineer, assisted by David Singleton, the Mechanical Services Technician, is responsible for the development and maintenance of the mechanical plant and associated systems to the University buildings.
Paul Heath, the Electrical Services Engineer, assisted by Phil Cox, the Electrical Services Technician, is responsible for all the University's electrical installations.
If you require further information or advice on any Mechanical or Electrical Services related matter please contact the engineer directly.
The services we offer
Maintenance and development of the mechanical and electrical plant and systems
- Provide technical advice on mechanical and electrical installations to University Departments which will promote the efficient use of this equipment.
- Provide a mechanical and electrical design service undertaken in-house from initial concept to realisation of the project on time and within budget.
- Maintain heating, ventilation and delivery of hot and cold water systems.
- In conjunction with the day to day maintenance - CSG an emergency repair service both in normal working hours and out of hours. Please refer your request for all repairs through the .
We Aim to: -
Our Objectives are: -
The following is what we expect from you: -
- Ensure that any system under your control is operated in a safe and efficient manner
- Consult the appropriate engineer for advice regarding major alterations to room layout
- Provide clear and concise information via Planon, the Estates Management System, on any fault.