Health and safety - integral and important
Health and safety should be considered as integral to all workplace activities and not a bolt on' at the end, not relevant or unimportant.
This training emphasises: -
- Workplace health and safety is important to us and that its impacts are not confined to our work;
- We all have both legal responsibilities and vested interests; and
- Health and safety is about sensible management of risks.
Whilst the training is primarily delivered as part of the university's central induction programme it can be also utilised where refresher oppoprtunities are idenitified.
To provide: -
- An overview of workplace health and safety, and how this is applied at the university;
- Awareness of the contributions and responsibilities we can all make and have; and
- Understanding of why, and how, health and safety is important to us all, and integral to the work we do.
Topics covered include: -
- Why workplace health and safety is important to us;
- How health and safety is managed within the university and the role of the university's Office of Health and Safety;
- Individual health and safety responsibilities;
- Workplace hazards and risks; and
- Incident reporting and follow up.
Should any technical problems be encountered when accessing or using Brightspace contact its support team.
Any comments or queries on the training's content can be made to the university's Office of Health and Safety.