Booking a Room
We administer the bookings for the following rooms:
- The McClelland Suite, Schwann Building Level 7. This room can be set up in a number of different ways and can accommodate between 20 and 45 participants depending on layout. It has a data projector and PC
- The Digital Skills Training Room (SB9/07b), Schwann Building Level 9. The Digital Skills Training Room has 10 workstations.
- The Youngson Room (SB9/07c), Schwann Building Level 9. The Youngson room can accommodate up to 20 participants in various layouts. It has a moveable screen and a PC.
- View possible room layouts
- NB: People and Organisational Development sessions have booking priority for these rooms.
- For all other rooms, please contact either your School or use the online room booking facility.
Decide your requirements
Work out in advance the numbers of rooms you will need, the size and layout of each room, the times when each room will be required, equipment, refreshments etc. If you are using PCs in the training rooms, identify the software and network access you will need. Please bear in mind that our rooms are often required for full-day or half-day sessions or programmes. It would be appreciated if bookings for meetings are only made if no other rooms are available and for meetings which are likely to last 2 hours or more in duration.
Check if the room is available in the Outlook Calendar
All staff have read-only access to the three rooms that we administer. To view the room calendars:
1. In Outlook, open your Calendar.
2. Click on ‘Open Calendar’ in the top ribbon, and then select ‘From Address Book’.
3. Type in ‘SDG’ in the search box.
4. Select the room/s you want to see, add them to the Calendar list and click on OK. They should now appear in your shared calendar list. You can now check to see if the room you want is available when you want it.
Book the room
Please note that the mailboxes for these rooms are unmonitored so don’t send the room a Calendar request, or invite it to a meeting as you won’t get a reply and your booking won’t be made. To book an available room, either phone us on ext 2799 or email email@example.com. You will need the following information:
- The name of the room you wish to book
- The day of the week, date, and time you need the room
- The name of the person running the event
- The title of the event
- The number of attendees.
Please check your booking is correct in the Outlook Calendar after the booking has been made.
Make arrangements for room layout
Please note that you are responsible for making arrangements with Campus Support to ensure the furniture in the room is arranged in the way you require. You should book the room 30 minutes in advance of your session start time so that you can set the room up as you wish. If you need help to do this please arrange this at least two days in advance by emailing Estates General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org. NB: Additional information for McClelland Suite bookings only: if you are booking the McClelland Suite for an event that contains a large room set up, please ensure you allow one hour in advance of your session start time for the room set up. If this involves moving furniture out of the McClelland Suite (e.g. tables), please ensure you also book SB7/03 (the Marketing meeting room) as a storage room. Please contact Jane Key (J.T.Key@hud.ac.uk) in addition to the room booking request to People and Organisational Development.
Make arrangements for catering
Catering should be ordered using Agresso E-MarketPlace at least 3 working days in advance. Please contact your departmental Agresso User. NB: Additional information for McClelland Suite bookings only: if you are booking the McClelland Suite for a formal served meal (e.g. a dinner), please ensure you also book SB7/03 (the Marketing meeting room) as a room for the Catering team to operate from. Please contact Jane Key (J.T.Key@hud.ac.uk) in addition to the room booking request to People and Organisational Development.
Make arrangements for additional equipment
Each room has a limited amount of basic equipment (PC, data projector, flipchart). Please ensure that you know how to operate all of the equipment which you require. Your own login details will grant you access to your own files and folders. We recommend that you book the room 30 minutes prior to the start of your event so that you can check the room layout and equipment.
Make arrangements for software installation in the Training Rooms
The PCs in our Training Rooms have the standard University software packages. If you require additional software contact them through IT Support, ext 3737 or email email@example.com.
Arrangements for bookings outside of normal working hours
If you are booking a room for an event that is taking place out of normal office hours (e.g. finishing after 6.00 pm on a weekday or taking place at the weekend), please inform Estates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the room to locked up after the event. You should also be aware that card access is in operation out of hours for all three rooms.