The Intentional Listener
Who should attend?
This session is for any staff who need to listen attentively as part of their role.
What is the session about?
Listening is a core skill for work and one that is often taken for granted. This session will explore the different ways in which we listen and allow participants to develop their listening skills to improve their working relationships.
This session will help participants to ...
Following the session the participants will be able to:
- Identify their own level of listening and adjust it as appropriate.
- Describe how the attitudes and behaviour of the listener affects the quality of the conversation.
- Be more aware of their own intentions and thought processes when listening.
- Identify the purpose of the conversation and adjust their listening style appropriately.
- Improve working relationships with colleagues by acting as a sounding board and encouraging problem solving.
Maps to RDF Planner: Domain B: Personal Effectiveness
B3: Professional and Career Development Domain D: Engagement, Influence and Impact D1: Working with Others D2 Communication and Dissemination