Our Learning Communities
We want to help create a community-learning environment across our University in which staff are engaged and inspired to develop together. As well as working and learning collaboratively, this will also help staff to understand and support each other’s challenges and opportunities.
We will ...
- Work collaboratively to tap into the expertise of our staff and encourage them to share their knowledge with others.
- Work internally, across Schools & Services, and externally, with further education colleagues, HEIs, local businesses and charities, to establish cross-organisational coaching, mentoring. action learning sets and other exciting projects.
- Integrate equality, diversity and inclusion principles into our offering, working with relevant groups and networks.
- Develop a (CMI) Chartered Manager ‘Alumni’ community.
- Continue to engage with our People and Organisational Development Champions group.
- Help co-ordinate a range of forums, groups and associations, such as the Trainers' Forum or Professoriate Network.
- Launch a Thought Leader Series using UniTube, podcasts and other means, through which we interview subject matter experts regarding their research, specialisms or areas of expertise, enabling our staff to learn from each other.