Organising the meeting
Schedule a Skype for Business meeting
(This is an Outlook task.)
1.Open your Outlook Calendar, click the Home tab, and select "New Skype Meeting". (If you are in Skype for Business (Lync) mode, this button still says New Skype meeting.)
2.Complete the meeting request just like you normally would.
Please note - Participants do not need to be contacts in your contact list for this task - it can be anybody either internal or external to the University.
Testing the equipment
Before the meeting starts, make sure that your audio and video (if required) are working. To do this,
- Click on the cog wheel in the main Skype for business window.
- Select "Audio Device" from the list on the left and you will see all of the available audio devices that you can use.
- Click on the green arrow to test your speakers, if they need to be at a different level then adjust the slider accordingly.
- Speak into your microphone and ensure that the blue bar dances across the bar when you speak. Again adjust the slider accordingly if required.
- Select "Video Device" from the list on the left and you will see all of the available video devices that you can use. Ensure that you can be seen clearly in the window.
If you are unable to do any of these tasks, please contact email@example.com or 01484 473737.
During the meeting
Join a meeting
Once you have checked that everything works, you can join the meeting. It doesn't matter whether you are the organiser or one of the participants.
- Go to your Outlook calendar and open up the meeting invite.
- In the body of the invite you will see "Join Skype Meeting", click on this and you are in.
If you are aksed to "Join Meeting Audio" then please select "Use Skype for Business" and "OK"
Manage meeting participants
Share your desktop or a program
Record and playback a meeting
It’s easy to capture audio, video, IM, and what’s being presented.
1.In the meeting window, click the More Options button.
2.Click Start Recording.
3.After the meeting, go to Manage Recordings to publish, play, rename, or delete the recording.