Home Use Software
As an employee of the University, you are entitled to have a copy of the main software we use on our campus computers but for your own personal use at home. Our main site licence contracts enable staff to receive the software either free of charge or for a small fee.
Please be aware that the software purchased or downloaded for staff home use may come with additional licensing restrictions.
Students: Please see Microsoft Azure for Students (formerly Microsoft Imagine).
Please note that this page is for staff of the University.
|Software||Versions Available||Home Use (Staff)||Home Use (PGR)||Where|
|Microsoft Windows||Windows 10 Education||Yes||No||OnTheHub|
|Microsoft Office 365||Office 365 Personal or Office 365 Home (also includes option to purchase Visio & Project)||Yes - See below||No||Microsoft O365 Home Use Program|
|Adobe Creative Cloud||Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat DC etc)||Yes||No||Email ITP Software|
|Matlab||Matlab & toolboxes||Yes||Yes||Email ITP Software|
|SPSS||SPSS v26 & AMOS v26||Yes||Yes||Download Here (University Account Required)|
|Nvivo||Nvivo 12 Professional||Yes||Yes||Download Here (University Account Required)|
|Minitab||Minitab v19||Yes||Yes||Download Here (University Account Required)|
|AutoDesk||3DSMax, Revit, AutoCAD, Maya||Yes||Yes||AutoDesk|
|Videoscribe||Videoscribe||Yes||No||Email ITP Software|
|Lynda||Lynda||Yes||Yes||Student IT Training|
|Parallels||Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac||Yes||Yes||OnTheHub|
|Sophos||Sophos Home - Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware||Yes||Yes||Sophos Home (Free Version & Premium (Chargeable)|
Extra Information - Please Read:
- The OnThuHub store is a 3rd-party hosted platform run by Kivuto. Thier customer services number is 0800 098 8436 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions on how to log in are here: OnTheHub Instructions.
- Microsoft Office 365: You will obtain a 30% discount on the RRP of the O365 Personal or Home plans. To do this follow the instructions on the website. You will need a personal Microsoft account (a Hotmail, Outlook etc) to take advantage as this will continue to work after you leave working for the University. This works on Windows, Mac, iOS & Android devices.
- For software that needs you to email the ITP Software team, please specify your name, email address & what software you need. This is because we need to either do backend setup of the software or there are special requirements for that software.
- Parallels Desktop for Mac through OnTheHub is the only place to obtain the software with academic discount. You must also purchase the guest OS (i.e. Windows) licence separately.
- For the free AutoDesk software, you must either be a teacher/lecturer or student. For more detailed eligibility criteria, please visit here.
- For Adobe Creative Cloud, please email the ITP Software team and then follow these instructions: Adobe CC Home Use.