Extra Mile Awards 2009
The Extra Mile Awards scheme is now into its third year. Originally awards were all student nominated recognising both academic and support staff who made a significant contribution to a student’s experience of university life. In 2009 the scheme was extended further allowing staff members to nominate colleagues both individually and in a team capacity.
2009 Finalists: Janet Clowery, Keith Hickling, Andrea Croxford, John English and Keith Mallinson pictured here with Professor Bob Cryan
22 members of staff were selected to attend an evening reception and dinner which was held on Wednesday 11 March at the Queensgate Restaurant. Professor Tim Thornton (Pro Vice-Chancellor for Learning and Teaching) welcomed attendees and congratulated them on their success. Professor Bob Cryan (Vice-Chancellor) presented prizes designed by students from the School of Art, Design and Architecture to ten members of staff who the panel judged to have special endorsements from their nominating students and colleagues.
Staff nominated awards:
- Team Award: 'Alpha' Campus Support Officers
- Individual joint first prize: Andrea Croxford, Keith Mallinson
- Indivdual joint third prize: Joanne Pigott, Graham Young
Student nominated awards:
- Joint first prize: John English, Keith Hickling
- Third prize: Denis Feather
- Fourth prize: Robin Kiteley
- Fifth prize: Tim Wallis
- Finalists: Marcus Chadha, Dr. Lisa Gillie, Catherine Kennedy, Kai Kong, Dr. Derrol Palmer
An Outstanding Achievement award went to Janet Clowery who received nominations across all three categories.
The event was organised by Lisa Ward and Jane Gaffikin and was catered for by BA Year 2 and HND Year 3 Hospitality students, undertaking the Gastronomy option.
Back to Awards index page