Research Councils Block Grant Requests
UKRI/RCUK has allocated a block grant to the University to contribute towards the cost of Open Access (OA) publishing of UKRI/RCUK funded research outputs, and this is centrally managed by Research Intelligence Team in Research and Enterprise.
University researchers are eligible to apply to this fund if:
- their peer-reviewed journal article or conference proceeding is the result of research funded by UKRI/RCUK (excluding UK Space Agency and Innovate UK) and
- the author is employed by the University of Huddersfield (including honorary titles but excluding visiting titles)
If you have any questions over your eligibility to access this grant, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The block grant will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Given the expectation that the grant will not last us the whole year please always contact us email@example.com before agreeing to pay Open Access charges with the publisher or requesting invoices.
Only Open Access fees that are already agreed by Research and Enterprise will be paid.
Notice will be issued when the grant has been spent.
The journal should be compliant with the UKRI/RCUK Access to Research Outputs Policy.
We will check all applications and inform you if the publisher does not meet UKRI/RCUK requirements. Articles should be published under a Creative Commons CC-BY licence, which many publishers already offer.
All publications should acknowledge UKRI/RCUK funding and how any underlying research materials, such as data, samples or models, can be accessed as well as affiliating this to the University of Huddersfield.
Information about publishers who provide paid options for OA (Gold OA) is available on the SHERPA RoMEO website.
You may also find it useful to consult the UKRI Policy on Open Access Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note: The fund cannot be used to pay additional length charges or extra charges for colour images
How do I request payment?
- Complete the attached form - ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGE REQUEST FORM
- Send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for notification from us that the request has been approved before agreeing with the publisher
- We will let you know where the invoice should be sent
- Only once approval has been granted, should authors request invoices
- It is against University of Huddersfield policy to fax credit card details or pay invoices via email or PayPal. Authors should request that publishers set up the invoice so that it can be paid electronically via credit card using a secure link to the publisher’s electronic payment system.