Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a national initiative, consisting of a three way partnership between an external partner (a business, some public sector organisations and charities) a graduate (known as the Associate) and an academic.
KTP is funded by Innovate UK. The grant pays a share of the costs and the company pays the balance. Typically this totals £100,000 to £200,000 for a 2 year project.
As the Academic (known as the Knowledge Supervisor) you get the opportunity to:
- See your research being put into practice in a commercial arena
- Develop and publish papers
- Gain insights on what employers want from our graduates
- Develop further a long-term relationship with a company
- Help one of your recent graduates find an excellent job
The Associate gets:
- A fast track career managing a project central to a company’s strategic development
- A training and development programme, including leadership & management skills
- A job for 2 years and – in 70% of cases – a permanent position with the business
The Company gets:
- Latest knowledge and state of the art research from the University
- Commercial benefits of research & development
- a (typically) two year long interview with a talented graduate
- a long term partnership with the University.