The University provides a network of Dignity at Work Advisors, which are members of staff across the University who have volunteered and are trained to undertake the role. Please see below our current network of Advisors with contact details.
A Dignity at Work Advisor is an unbiased, neutral colleague who can provide a confidential and informal service to assist alleged victims of harassment or bullying or those accused of harassment or bullying. The aim of this role is to facilitate informal resolution in line with the University Dignity at Work Procedure.
Dignity at Work Meetings
The purpose of a 1:1 meeting is for the Advisor and Advisee to discuss the situation to provide some options and a way forward.
The Advisor is there to:
- Provide a supportive, confidential and informal environment
- Provide support
- Provide information on options that are available
- Assist with informal resolutions
Rights and Responsibilities of the Advisee;
- To treat the Dignity at Work Advisor with respect
- To understand that the Advisor’s role is not that of a counsellor
- To understand that the Advisor is not there to solve your problem, but to help you come to a solution yourself
- If you feel that a particular Advisor is not compatible it is your right to sound out another Advisor
- To be open to challenges around a particular issue
- That you have the right to access any logged information regarding your case
Rights and Responsibilities
Each individual employee has the following rights:
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To be treated fairly and without discrimination.
- To disagree and present alternative views.
- To challenge and be assertive.
- To be consulted on decisions that affect their work.
- To have their contribution recognised.
Each individual also has the following responsibilities:
- To treat others with dignity and respect.
- To challenge inappropriate behaviours in others.
- To respect the authority and decisions of others.
- To deal with conflict constructively.
- To recognise the needs of the business and others.
People and Organisational Development Coordinator
You can contact me by emailing email@example.com or phone me on 01484 256723 (Teams)
You can contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01484 256473.
Sara Jane Daley
Senior Lecturer in Social Psychology
You can contact me by emailing email@example.com or phone me on 01484 257441 (Teams)
Course Leader & Senior Lecturer in Optometry
You can contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01484 256932.
Guidance Team Leader
You can contact me by emailing email@example.com or phone me on 01484 257998 (Teams)
International Admissions Officer
You can contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01484 256649 (Teams).
Assistant Registrar for PGR & Events
You can contact me by emailing email@example.com or phone me on 01484 256730 (Teams).
Academic in the School of Arts and Humanities
You can contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01484 257687 (Teams).