Telecoms, IT Purchasing & Deployment
Hello and Welcome!
The IT Purchasing & Mobile Requests team is a combination of two teams whose responsibility is the procurement and maintainence of new computing devices and mobile phones and its deployment to staff around the campus of the University.
Our team processes all IT & Mobile Phone & Mobiel Contract purchases and offers guidance on what products will best meet your needs. This service works in accordance with the University's Purchasing Policies and Procedures. All IT & Mobile Phone purchases should be made through the IT Purchasing & Mobile Requests team who can:
- Ensure best value for money on IT related procurement based on realistic whole life cost estimates including support and maintenance.
- Ensure IT related purchases are compatible, secure and supportable.
- Manage risks associated with third party supply including physical, information security and reputational risks.
- Manage all the above with respect to the general regulations governing public sector procurement.
- Understand changing user requirements and to communicate new opportunities and technologies as they arise.
Telephone Services is now the responsibility of 2 other teams within Computing & Library Services. Telephone enquiries are dealt with by Customer Services and Telephone systems & engineers are part of the Networks team. See the Who To Contact section for more information.
Please click on the links at the left-hand side of the page for more information or click on Who To Contact to contact the IT Purchasing & Mobile Requests team.