General Staff Support
Employee Assistance Programme is an online course to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression. You work through a series of topics selected by a therapist to address specific needs. The eight-week course is designed to be completed in your own time and at your own pace. Staff Wellbeing Confidential Support You can access 24/7 confidential telephone counselling from qualified and caring professionals, by calling the helpline directly on 03303 800658 at any time. The service is completely confidential, and nobody at the University will know that you have accessed this support.
Education Support helpline is a free and confidential emotional support for all education staff and organisations.
LGBTQI+ Staff Network can offer support, information and social activities
- Stonewall is a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights charity in the UK. It has an Information Service that is open Mon-Fri 9.30-4.30.
- LGBT Foundation provides a wide range of support services to lesbian, gay, bi and trans people, as well as working with healthcare and other professionals to help make public services more accessible and inclusive for LGBT communities.
- Education Support Partnership offer free confidential help and support, no matter what the problem. Their trained counsellors are available 24/7 to everyone working in education and is available UK wide on 08000 562 561.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission is a statutory body with responsibility for protecting, enforcing and promoting equality across all nine protected characteristics.
- Switchboard is an LGBT helpline.
- AKT is an LGBT homeless charity.
- FFLAG is a charity that helps to support the friends and families of LGBTQ+ people in the UK.
Trans and non-binary support
- Trans Unite provides access to over 100 UK Trans support groups and helps you find one close to your area.
- The Gender Trust is an authoritative centre for professional people who are dealing with gender-identity related issues during their time in work.
- Transgender Zone is an online resource that covers all aspects of transgender issues, including a section specifically for female-to-male trans people.
- The Beaumont Society is a national self-help body run by and for the trans community.
- Gendered Intelligence is a charity that exists to increase understandings of gender diversity and improve trans people’s quality of life.
- Depend is an organisation that offers free, confidential and non-judgmental advice, information and support to all family members, partners, spouses and friends of trans people.
- Disability Rights UK is an organisation led by, run by, and working for Disabled people.
- Mencap provides information and advice for people with a learning disability, their families and carers. Services include an online community.
- Scope is a disability equality charity focusing on practical information and emotional support for disabled people.
- United Response is a disability support charity that can help with housing, supported living, education and employment.
- ABLEize is the UK's largest disability, special needs and mobility website.
- ADHD Aware is a small charity run by volunteers supporting adults impacted by attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- National Autistic Society is a charity for people on the autism spectrum and their families. They provide support, guidance and advice, as well as campaigning for improved rights, services and opportunities to help create a society that works for autistic people.
- Huddersfield Support Group for Autism is a voluntary self-help group, for families and children in or around the Huddersfield area who are living with Autism.
Race and Ethnicity Support
- The Race Equality Foundation is a national charity tackling racial inequality to improve the lives of Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
- People in Harmony is a membership organisation providing information and support for mixed race people, families and couples.
- Race Equality First offers a hate crime reporting tool, legal advice and counselling services. They also work to eliminate inequity in sporting opportunities and participation levels in physical activity for ethnic minority people.
- BMHS is a not-for-profit organisation which provides services including a helpline, Men(tal) Heal(th) Forum, Women Empowerment Project and employment support for members of the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Community.
- BAATN The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network is home of the largest community of Counsellors and Psychotherapists of Black, African, Asian and Caribbean Heritage in the UK.
Women & Gender Equality
- The None In Three centre (located at The University of Huddersfield) provides a home for researchers engaged in gender-based violence prevention research.
- Womens Aid is a national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children. They support a network of services across the UK.
- Rights of Women is a women’s voluntary organisation committed to informing, educating and empowering women concerning their legal rights.
- VITAE is a national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.
- 1MWIS 1 Million Women in STEM is a global network, community, and campaign that provides visible female role models in STEM to the next generation of girls, by sharing their own personal stories.