Integration With Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Lync integration with Outlook allows you to view the availability of your contacts via presence.
- You can call or instant message a contact directly from Outlook with audio and video capabilities.
- Integration with your Outlook calendar automatically updates your presence according to scheduled appointments and Out of Office settings.
- Keep a record of incoming, outgoing, and missed calls and instant message conversations in Outlook.
- In an instant message, right-click the name of the participant you want to send an email to.
- Click Send an E-mail Message.
- The Outlook Message window appears with the contact you wish to message in the To field.
- Open an e-mail from the contact you wish to Instant Message or Call.
- Click IM or Call in the Respond section of the ribbon.
- Alternatively, click the status indicator next to the contact’s name, and select whether you wish to Reply with Instant Message or Call that contact.
- A Communicator instant message or call window will open depending on your selection.
Conversation History Folder
Microsoft Lync keeps a record of instant messaging sessions, phone calls and forwarded calls in a folder in Outlook called Conversation History. A record of missed calls, voice mail and missed conversations is saved to your Inbox.
Each item in the Conversation History folder contains:
- Time and date of message
- Conversation subject
- Conversation body
- Participant names
- Direction of conversation (incoming or outgoing)
In addition, the Conversation History folder contains information about any conversations that included audio, and a complete record of all instant messaging conversations.
- In Microsoft Lync, right-click the contact(s) whose conversations you wish to find.
- Click Find Previous Conversations
- All mail items saved in Outlook between you and the selected contact(s) are listed.