The Business Partnership Team within the Careers and Employability Service is responsible for sourcing and maintaining relationships with businesses of all sizes from across all sectors. We connect businesses to our students and graduates to help them find all forms of employment and development opportunities. We also support staff in connecting with employers and understanding the graduate labour market. Our work encompasses:
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- Graduate schemes
- Other forms of work experience
We advertise these opportunities through a variety of activities including:
- JobShop - all students and graduates have access to the JobShop and with 37,985 views in the past year - it's a great place for employers to advertise their vacancies. Over 3000 organisations are registered with the JobShop and an average of 1000 jobs are advertised every month
- Fairs - we host a number of fairs including our biggest event the annual Careers Fair, the Part-time Jobs Fair, the Work Abroad Fair and the Volunteering Fair. Currently, all fairs will be hosted virtually
- Workshops/Events - we also organise smaller events for employers to meet our students, currently done via Zoom or Teams. This could be a skills workshop to help guide them through the recruitment process or more generalised careers advice, for instance, industry insight
- We also support staff through providing regular LMI Digests and other reports on trends in the graduate labour market
Please note that Placements that are part of a student’s course are handled separately by School Placement Units. We co-operate closely with Placement Units through the Work Integrated Learning Forum (WILF) and can put you in touch with relevant contacts.
If you have employers you would like to recommend to the University, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch If you’d like to ask an employer to take part in your work, or if you want to receive job opportunities to share with your students and graduates.