What is People Manager?
If you are a Line Manager for an employee at the University you should have access to People Manager. This allows you direct access to the HR system (iTrent) where you will be able to:
- View contact information for your employees
- View emergency contact information for your employees
- View sickness absences for your employees
- Add a new period of sickness absence for your employees
You are also able to enter Stages, which are used to inform us that you have held a Return To Work meeting or Attendence Review meeting where applicable for each period of absence your employee has had.
There are several benefits to this which include:
- No more paper forms - no chance of any forms getting lost
- All iTrent users will have real time information the moment an absence is entered - no need to wait for the internal mail
- Removes the chance of duplicating work
- You no longer need to contact HR if you need to get in touch with an employee since you will be able to view this information directly
The link to log in to iTrent is https://itrent.hud.ac.uk/tlive_web/. Your username and password is the same as the AD information you use to access your emails or your PC at work. This system is only available on campus.
Want more details?
Please visit the People Manager guidance page which includes a user guide and how-to-videos to help you use and understand what you are able to do with iTrent.