The Innovation Committee
The Innovation Committee has responsibility for overseeing all matters relating to the assessment and approval of University intellectual property (IP) and technology commercialisation activities.
- Provide informal guidance on University commercialisation and technology transfer issues.
- Reviews and approves proposals for the commercialisation of IP.
- Approves licensing and/or assignment proposals for University IP/technology and subsequent commercial terms.
- Oversees the discretionary Research & Enterprise ‘Proof of Concept’ funding award(s), when available.
- Reviews and make recommendations to the University’s Senior Management Team (SMT) and provides feedback on spin-out vehicle and joint venture proposals involving University IP/technology.