In order to meet our Public Sector Equality Duty, the University is required to publish annual equality information reports of our student and staff demographic. The data will be used in a variety of ways to inform decision making, including monitoring progress of the University’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Framework.
Gender Pay Gap
Transparency Information provides equality monitoring information about University of Huddersfield students broken down by:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
Data relating to diversity profile, completion and degree attainment is from our 2018-2019 HESA Student return:
Updating your personal details in MyHR
Why does the University ask for personal information about staff?
The University has a legal duty to annually publish high-level anonymous data about the equality profile of our community of staff and students. This information informs the University’s future priorities and initiatives and helps target our work to meet staff needs, and to improve the quality of everyone’s working life.
The University cannot change things for the better without your help – this is why you are asked to complete your equality information on the MyHR system.
How do I check my personal information on MyHR?
The MyHR system allows you to view your own personal data. Please take a couple of minutes to check that your personal data is correct and up-to-date on MyHR. As well as accessing MyHR via your University computer, you can also access it via your own computer, tablet or mobile phone.
You can view and update your personal data in the following section within MyHR:
- ‘Equality Information’ in ‘My Details’
All employee information held by the University is covered by the University’s Staff Privacy Notice.