The University of Huddersfield spends approximately £40 million a year on a wide range of goods, works and services.
Procurement services provides guidance to colleagues within departments and schools across the University to ensure that all expenditure is undertaken in a responsible and ethical manner, delivering value for money, meeting the needs of the students, staff and alumni whilst minimising any negative impact on the environment and maximising the positive social benefits.
Our aims are to achieve value for money and customer satisfaction through:
- Forging supply partnerships with major suppliers to deliver a timely and quality service to the University.
- Delivering first class facilities.
- Identifying and supporting the technologies necessary to keep the university at the cutting edge, working with colleagues in Computing and Library services to ensure that these platforms are delivered.
- Developing effective and efficient support systems
- Establishing procurement as a centre for value creation to assist the University in its aims and targets as we go forward.
- Adding value to everything that procurement does
- Being exemplars of best practice when it comes to Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility
Please read our annual Procurement Performance Report (2020/21) for details of our procurement performance during 2020-2021.
Advice, guidance and supporting information for employees of the University participating in procurement.
Information and guidance for suppliers wanting to do business with the University.