C & IT Policy and Regulations
We don't wish to be overly restrictive, but well-understood policies help the individual and the University to avoid the consequences of accidental or deliberate misuse of our I.T. systems.
Please take some time to familiarise yourself with the key aspects of our policy framework. You can also find our University IT Strategy here.
In addition, you can find the University Information Governance pages here.
- Computing Regulations The issues covered by these regulations are complex and you are strongly urged to read the accompanying guidance notes here.
- Network attachment protocol
- Guidance Notes on The Computing Regulations
- Storage of installation copies of software
- Management of leaver's electronic data
- Naming workstations
- Workstation admin rights
- RIP act
- JANET acceptable use policy
- IT security - policy, procedure and guidance
- Using your own device for University business
- Disposal of IT equipment